Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Zahid Islam Zahid Islam is offline

Default Why doesn't Word 2007 open on my PC while Excel or One Note does?

My problem is similar to what Mr. Jim Scrivener has explained so well; however,
initially Word 2007 was working perfectly till I made the mistake of
downloading a Trojan Remover program which interfered in some way so that my
Word 2007 stopped opening completely. In the meantime, I have removed all
anti-virus software as well as the so-called Trojan Remover but Word 2007 has
now gone to eternal sleep! Reminds me of those famous lines from Robert
Browning's "My Last Duchess": 'I gave commands... Then all smiles stopped
together.."
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Speculative removal of trojans when there is no evidence you had one is not
a sensible thing to do. Even less sensible is running a PC that is
connected to the internet without AV software. Install some decent AV
software before you do anything else! Try
http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe

As for Word 2007, you will have to repair the installation from the Windows
add or remove programs applet. Then see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm. with
particular attention to the normal template and any add-ins.