Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yh

Default Why does a screenshot appear when I try to paste something?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

A bit more detail would help - but have you got a stuck Print Screen key?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yh

Honestly, I didn't even know there was a Print Screen key! I just found it. I
don't think it's stuck. How does it work?
Basically, I'll copy or cut some highlighted text, then when I press ctrl v
to paste it somewhere else, a picture of the whole screen is added instead of
what I wanted to paste.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to give!

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

A bit more detail would help - but have you got a stuck Print Screen key?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Print Screen copies an image of your screen to the clipboard which you can
then Paste anywhere you like. There is no other (easy) way to get a screen
image so if that's what you're getting, it's almost certain that the Print
Screen function is being invoked. If you're not doing it, the key is
probably stuck (perhaps a dirty keyboard - I know mine gets crumbs and ash
in it (but fortunately no coffee yet) and needs a good clean now and again).
Does this happen just in Word, or in all programs?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

news

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

A bit more detail would help - but have you got a stuck Print Screen

key?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yh

Thanks for the advice!

That could be it. I'll give it a clean and see what happens. It only started
happening recently.
No, it happened with Excel too. It also happens if I try and copy something
from the Web into a Word document. And when I try and clear these screen
copies from the clipboard, they keep reaapearing.
This is so weird!

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Print Screen copies an image of your screen to the clipboard which you can
then Paste anywhere you like. There is no other (easy) way to get a screen
image so if that's what you're getting, it's almost certain that the Print
Screen function is being invoked. If you're not doing it, the key is
probably stuck (perhaps a dirty keyboard - I know mine gets crumbs and ash
in it (but fortunately no coffee yet) and needs a good clean now and again).
Does this happen just in Word, or in all programs?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

news

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

A bit more detail would help - but have you got a stuck Print Screen

key?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

paste all in WORD with OFFICE CLIPBOARD doesn't work art Microsoft Word Help 0 December 27th 05 02:49 PM
Paste from Excel mully Tables 1 November 3rd 05 08:10 PM
paste special - unformatted text Tom Microsoft Word Help 1 July 16th 05 07:17 PM
paste options button no longer visible Wendy Microsoft Word Help 3 January 8th 05 10:31 AM
Very Slow Copy and Paste Growler Microsoft Word Help 0 January 3rd 05 09:35 PM