Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
karinam

Default Need to use ink on a protected Word doc.

Please help me. I need to allow customers to sign a protected document with a
stylus. Is there no way to allow this in Word? What about section breaks.
What about pdfing the data i want protected and inserting it into Word as a
graphic and then adding form fields? Is that an option? Can i even insert
fields over a graphic? HELP! thanks mucho
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

karinam wrote:
Please help me. I need to allow customers to sign a protected document with a
stylus. Is there no way to allow this in Word? What about section breaks.
What about pdfing the data i want protected and inserting it into Word as a
graphic and then adding form fields? Is that an option? Can i even insert
fields over a graphic? HELP! thanks mucho

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "sign [..]with a stylus."
What kind of infrastructure are you expecting your customers to have? If
they need to sign this by hand, then, well, they need to print it out
and sign it, and get it back to you either by scnanner/email, fax, or
snailmail.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

karinam means that users need to use "ink" on a Tablet PC or other similar
graphical input device. You've probably used something similar when you've
had to sign on a pressure-sensitive pad for a delivered package or a credit
card transaction.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message
karinam wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
karinam

Suzanne, that is exactly what I am talking about. Do you have any suggestions
or workarounds for this? I would be grateful.

karinam wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, I'm afraid all I know is what you're asking, not the answer. Sorry.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

karinam means that users need to use "ink" on a Tablet PC or other

similar
graphical input device. You've probably used something similar when

you've
had to sign on a pressure-sensitive pad for a delivered package or a

credit
card transaction.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

karinam wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

karinam wrote:
Suzanne, that is exactly what I am talking about. Do you have any suggestions
or workarounds for this? I would be grateful.

warningI have no personal experience with Tablet PCs [just in case
that did not become obvious by my first post in this thread :-)]!/warning

I just gather from a glimpse into Usenet archives and Helpfiles that
there are different types of ink you can paint in Word (as Annotations,
or as Comments, for instance). Other posts (see for instance #4 in [1])
indicate that, what you'd like to do is not possible with Word 2003
out-of-the-box. There might be 3rd party Add-ins by now, or one could
try using existing VBA solutions to unprotect and reprotect forms.

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

May I suggest asking this question in a Tablet PC newsgroup. They may have
ideas on how to accomplish that.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
No, I'm afraid all I know is what you're asking, not the answer. Sorry.

so
all may benefit.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM