JG

Default Word: file open gives program not responding on the 2nd file open

I am not sure that I am in the correct newsgroup for this, but here goes. I
have 2 users on a Domain, initially they can do a Word, file, open and see
all of the documents opening correctly. On the second or succeeding file
open, the folder opens and only a partial view of the folder is visible. But
we have an hour glass with an eventual message, program not responding.
Going from €śMy Documents€ť all files and folders are present and they will
open normally. Last week I had this very same problem and unfortunately I had
done 2 separate things, one was to Live-update Corporate NAV. The other was
to make the users folders default to the correct area on the server. Thursday
and Friday it worked normally. Today checking Live update, it did not have
updates to DL. It almost seems like a cache problem exists, the problem is on
2 machines, 2 Workstation OSs. This is only a small 10 user maximum users.
JG

For those of you that may have read this, there were no posts/replies. It
seems that a remedy was to copy all the loose documents/files into a folder.
Evidently Word did not like what it saw in the default folder with an
assortment of Tifs, PST files etc. It may be a bit preliminary to say it is
fixed, but at the moment it is working.