amserve

Default Page sizes

I need to create a 4 page document in Word 97, This will start as an 11" x
17" page which will be folded down to 8 1/2" x 11". Word will not allow me to
create a custom page that size - the left margin defaults to over 6". Is it
possible to do this in Word or do I have to go to a different program
entirely (Publisher)?

You can create an 11" x 17" document in Word, but only if your printer can
print that size. If not, install the driver for a printer that can.
Otherwise, you'll need to create the document as separate 8.5" x 11" pages
and copy them (or have them commercially printed) onto the larger paper.

"amserve" wrote in message
I need to create a 4 page document in Word 97, This will start as an 11" x
17" page which will be folded down to 8 1/2" x 11". Word will not allow me

create a custom page that size - the left margin defaults to over 6". Is

it
possible to do this in Word or do I have to go to a different program
entirely (Publisher)?

With large format printer page setup does not offer all sizes OrmondS Microsoft Word Help 2 February 14th 06 02:47 AM
Page Number and Page header on the first page Frank Drost Formatting Long Documents 3 March 1st 05 02:17 PM
Custom page sizes credo Page Layout 1 January 16th 05 06:48 PM
Odd page section break Jenny Page Layout 5 December 15th 04 08:05 AM