bleesh

Default Modified document NOT saved on exit from product

Running Word 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) on XP Professional with SP2.
Recently, within the last month, when I exit from the product using the X in
top right, or I close the document using the X, the product DOES NOT save the
document, even if I have made changes.
Have tried on a different PC on the network with same versions and the same
thing happens. Have tried on a Windows 2000 PC, with same version of Word and
it WILL ask me if I want to save the document.
A different user on my PC, will also be asked if they want to save the
document, so it is not the PC or the software, it looks like it is related to
my profile/user.....??
Both my profile ans the other user who tested on my PC are administrators.
I was going to uninstall and reinstall Word but the above test would seem to
make that irrelevent.

I can't think of anything that's changed to cause this, and anything that
governs this feature - unless someone out there knows different......

Thanks,

Steve
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?YmxlZXNo?=,

Generally, this could be caused by an Addin (a macro) that's running. It could
be something you've installed, it could be a virus.

have you discussed the problem with your IT department?

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

bleesh

Hi Cindy,

thanks for the reply - we're such a small company that we don't have an IT
dept as such - we all get involved, but no-one has had anything like this
before.
Interesting about the add in/macro - I did recently install a PDF printer
driver, but everyone did this and I am the only one with the problem....

I did have another suggestion relating to the fact that my NORMAL.DOT file
may be corrupted.

I wil investigate both these avenues and post back the results.

Steve