Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bvuk

Default StyleRef field in footer/header

I am trying to get my headers to display the chapter title (for all chapter
pages).

The StyleRef tutorial was found he
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...StylesTutorial

I have succesfully applied this formatting
Heading 1,h1 + Times New Roman
on my:
Chapter 1
Introductions

However, I am not clear how to insert the StyleRef field into my header?

Any help would be appreciated?

thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke

"bvuk" wrote:
I am trying to get my headers to display the chapter title (for all chapter
pages).

The StyleRef tutorial was found he
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...StylesTutorial

I have succesfully applied this formatting
Heading 1,h1 + Times New Roman
on my:
Chapter 1
Introductions

However, I am not clear how to insert the StyleRef field into my header?

Hi,

A simple { styleref 1 } should do.

The 1 is for "Heading 1" ... you could also use { styleref "Heading 1" } or
{ styleref "h1" } or { styleref "Heading 1,h1" } -- but since the style is
called differently in different countries/languages, the number is simplest
and best.

"Heading 1,h1 + Times New Roman" is no style, it's manual formatting. The
pane is called "Styles and formatting pane", and you have probably "Keep
track of formatting" checked in "Tools Options Edit" (which isn't a bad
idea at all!!).
You can tell paragraph styles from the ¶ to the right, and character styles
from the ª.

You can insert the braces with Ctrl+F9 and type the content, or insert the
whole field from the "Insert Field..." dialog.

BTW, if you want all your headings to be Times New Roman, it would be
simpler to change your style definition?

Regards,
Klaus