Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Odibu

Default no access to save Word file to CD-Why?

I'm trying to save a Word file to CD and I get an error message telling me I
am not authorized to do so and I should see my administrator. I am the only
user of this home computer! What do I do? I'm new to Word and finding it very
frustrating.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You should never even attempt this. Save to the hard drive then use your CD
software to copy the file to CD.

Odibu wrote:
I'm trying to save a Word file to CD and I get an error message
telling me I am not authorized to do so and I should see my
administrator. I am the only user of this home computer! What do I
do? I'm new to Word and finding it very frustrating.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You get that message if a) your computer doesn't have a CD burner, or b) you
don't have autoburn software. But in any case NEVER save a Word document
directly to CD. Save to your hard drive then use Windows Explorer or your
burner software to move it to the CD.