Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ja9

Default Problem installing word

I am trying to install Word 2003, however after it installs completely when I
try to use it, an error message pops up and I cancel out of it. It then
prompts me to re-input my username, etc. and product key. After entering the
same same prod. key that I entered to install it, it tells me that it is the
wrong product key. I have tried uninstalling it from all of my computers and
attempted several times to install it on a single comp. so far without
success. Can anyone help me with this problem??
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marrie

Did you double check tha the key was correct? I've ben known to mess up and
be just one letter off.
"Ja9" wrote in message
I am trying to install Word 2003, however after it installs completely when
try to use it, an error message pops up and I cancel out of it. It then
prompts me to re-input my username, etc. and product key. After entering
the
same same prod. key that I entered to install it, it tells me that it is
the
wrong product key. I have tried uninstalling it from all of my computers
and
attempted several times to install it on a single comp. so far without
success. Can anyone help me with this problem??
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The probability is that you are entering the number incorrectly, however if
you have installed it on 'all your computers' then this may breach the
licensing. If it is a
full retail version of Word/Office, see how to obtain a new product key -
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570 . If it is an OEM version you need
to talk to the supplier of the PC it came with.

Ja9 wrote:
I am trying to install Word 2003, however after it installs
completely when I try to use it, an error message pops up and I
cancel out of it. It then prompts me to re-input my username, etc.
and product key. After entering the same same prod. key that I
entered to install it, it tells me that it is the wrong product key.
I have tried uninstalling it from all of my computers and attempted
several times to install it on a single comp. so far without success.
Can anyone help me with this problem??
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836178 "You receive an
'invalid product key' error message when you start an Office 2003
program after you install Office Professional Edition 2003".

Ja9 wrote:

I am trying to install Word 2003, however after it installs completely when I
try to use it, an error message pops up and I cancel out of it. It then
prompts me to re-input my username, etc. and product key. After entering the
same same prod. key that I entered to install it, it tells me that it is the
wrong product key. I have tried uninstalling it from all of my computers and
attempted several times to install it on a single comp. so far without
success. Can anyone help me with this problem??
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ja9

What ended up happening is that we called the 1-800 number and they tried to
set us up with a new pproduct key no., but when that did not work, they sent
us to talk to someone else. They took us through the steps and I somehow
noticed that I had 2 versions of word installed on my comp. One was a trial
version (that came with the comp) and the other was the full version that I
had bought. When I tried to reinstall after a virus, I downloaded the trial
version again and that was where the conflict was. Thank you for your help!