Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danny Blumenfeld

Default Hiding comment reference marks?

At work.. we upgraded to MS Word 2003 from 98. I create a weekly movie
calendar on which I highlight the movie title and then insert "comment"
descriptions so when you touch the title text w/ a cursor...the descriptions
show up as balloons. In the 2003 version....when I highlight the text and
insert a comment... the reference numbers like [d1] , [d2] show up in the
text. I want the text to be highlighted so the bubble will appear when the
cursor touches that part of the text BUT I need to hide that reference
number. If I chose the format options not to "show markups" then the
highlighting disappears from the text and you can't access the comments
"bubble" function.
Any ideas how to get rid of these little numbers but keep the highlighted
text? Thx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Modify the character style named "Comment Reference" to be Hidden
text.

To be able to see that style in the Styles and Formatting task pane,
you'll probably have to open the "Show" dropdown at the bottom of the
pane and select "Custom", then check the style name in the dialog. Or
you can just click the Styles... button at the bottom of that dialog
and deal with the old (Word 2000) Styles dialog, which I prefer to the
task pain/pane.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 20:14:27 -0800, Danny Blumenfeld Danny
wrote:

At work.. we upgraded to MS Word 2003 from 98. I create a weekly movie
calendar on which I highlight the movie title and then insert "comment"
descriptions so when you touch the title text w/ a cursor...the descriptions
show up as balloons. In the 2003 version....when I highlight the text and
insert a comment... the reference numbers like [d1] , [d2] show up in the
text. I want the text to be highlighted so the bubble will appear when the
cursor touches that part of the text BUT I need to hide that reference
number. If I chose the format options not to "show markups" then the
highlighting disappears from the text and you can't access the comments
"bubble" function.
Any ideas how to get rid of these little numbers but keep the highlighted
text? Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danny Blumenfeld

Thx but changing chararacter style to comment reference and then
hiding..didn't really do what I was trying to do..It did not make the
reference number [D1] disappear..thanks though.