Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AdamHughes

Default accidentally saved

I accidentally saved over a vitally important document is there any way of
undoing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Not if you didn't back up your vitally important document.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"AdamHughes" wrote in message
I accidentally saved over a vitally important document is there any way of
undoing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

If you haven't closed that document yet, you can undo back to where you
started your editing session (?) and then rename it. Most of the time if
you're posting this question here, it's a done deal unless you have a
backup.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"AdamHughes" wrote in message
I accidentally saved over a vitally important document is there any way of
undoing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

If you had "always create a backup copy" checked in your save options (Tools
Options Save) within Windows look in the folder where your document is

stored. If your document is MyDoc.dot you are looking for a file named
Backup of MyDoc.wbk. (Without extensions displayed the names are MyDoc and
Backup of MyDoc.) That will give you something to work from.

If you didn't have it checked, now would be a good time. :\

Sorry, you've found one of the most effective ways of trashing a document.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.