Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scuba Steve

Default autocorrect files transfer

Last month we purchased a laptop with XP and Microsoft Office (2003). On an
older PC where we are running Windows 98 with office 97, we have well over
1500 auto correct shortcuts. I have set the security settings to 'LOW' and on
the trusted publishers window, both items are now checked. I have tried to
direct copy "Normal.Dot", and I have tried to use the zip file your site
directs me to. Neither of these options seem to work. Even though I could
transfer the file folder Normal.Dot and it shows up in the
Templates/Microsoft/Applications/Documents & Settings, I cannot get MS Word
to 'see' or access the auto correct files. I also tried using the Visual
Basic Editor to Import the ".Doc" file created by Macro9, and it comes up
with an error of too many lines; it appears to be limited by size.
What can I do to get the Auto correct file to work on the new Laptop with XP?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Follow the link Suzanne gave you. Most AutoCorrect entries are not stored in
normal.dot. The best way to transfer them is using that utility. Other
customizations may be stored elsewhere. See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.