Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] yingying001@yahoo.com is offline

Default Data Fields aren't Showing

Hi, I am working on a word document with mail merge. The merged fields
are showing in the beginning of the document, and NOT showing in the
area towards the end. Is there a limited for merge fileds? My document
is about 5 pages long, has a quite bit of merged fields and form field.

I can see the merged field ( for example: name), but if I preview
the document, the merged file don't pull the data.

Thanks,
Tracey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of field codes in the mail merge main
document and confirm that you are really seeing a { MERGEFIELD name } field
in the area of the document where you are having a problem.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I am working on a word document with mail merge. The merged fields
are showing in the beginning of the document, and NOT showing in the
area towards the end. Is there a limited for merge fileds? My document
is about 5 pages long, has a quite bit of merged fields and form field.

I can see the merged field ( for example: name), but if I preview
the document, the merged file don't pull the data.

Thanks,
Tracey

Merge fields not showing data in word footer Banks Mailmerge 2 May 31st 06 11:50 AM
Record 16 contained to few data fields Ben Mailmerge 1 March 23rd 06 11:21 AM
record 16 contained too few data fields error on word 2003 from cs Deanjr Mailmerge 3 March 6th 06 03:10 PM
Merge data fields Valerie Mailmerge 3 January 19th 06 08:16 PM
posting data from text input fields to fields later in document BOB Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 04 06:19 PM