Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jerry Vos Jerry Vos is offline

Default Inserting picture in Word

In Word 2007, when I insert a picture in a text document, only a border
appears with about 1/10 of actual picture visible at the the bottom. If I
hold the right-click button down, the complete picture appears but disappears
when I no longer hold down the button. The only way I have found to insert
the picture is create a text box, insert the picture in the box. and then go
through the sizing of the picture and box as well as deleting the text box
frame. This is a very cumbersome approach especially with all the pictures
needed for this document.

What am I missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You're inserting the picture In Line With Text in a paragraph with Exact
line spacing. Set the line spacing to Single, and you'll get the whole
picture. It's a good idea, if you're using Exact line spacing for text
paragraphs, to create a separate style for pictures.

"Jerry Vos" Jerry wrote in message
In Word 2007, when I insert a picture in a text document, only a border
appears with about 1/10 of actual picture visible at the the bottom. If I
hold the right-click button down, the complete picture appears but
disappears
when I no longer hold down the button. The only way I have found to
insert
the picture is create a text box, insert the picture in the box. and then
go
through the sizing of the picture and box as well as deleting the text box
frame. This is a very cumbersome approach especially with all the
pictures
needed for this document.

What am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I first ran into this problem in Word 2.0, and I remember how puzzled I was.
I thought I was really hot stuff because I'd discovered I could set the line
spacing to an Exact amount, and then it came back to bite me! g