Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
colossians3man colossians3man is offline

Default I am creating a two column page of song names

I am creating a table of contents with song names with two columns. When I
add songs I want the songs to automatically move down and the last song in
the left hand column to move to the top of the right hand column. But I also
have the title "Song Name" at the top of each column so I want the song to
move under it.
Like this:
Song Name: Song Name:
Song #1 Song #3
Song #2 Song #4
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

I believe that a 2-Column setting could work for you, see:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ingColumns.htm
You say you are creating a "table of contents", but from your description
you are creating a list manually. A Table of Contents in Word means an
automatically created "index" to assist the reader navigating the document.
This TOC is creating from Headings within the docuemnt that have a particular
style applied.
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/index.htm
You can have a TOC within a 2 Column section, can work very well.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"colossians3man" wrote:

I am creating a table of contents with song names with two columns. When I
add songs I want the songs to automatically move down and the last song in
the left hand column to move to the top of the right hand column. But I also
have the title "Song Name" at the top of each column so I want the song to
move under it.
Like this:
Song Name: Song Name:
Song #1 Song #3
Song #2 Song #4

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Before inserting your TOC, select a section of the document and format it as
two columns (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm).
That will assure that the tabs in your TOC are in the correct position for
the column width. If you're creating the TOC manually, it may be possible
for you to do it automatically; see
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html.

In the single-column section above the two-column TOC, type "Song Name" at
the left side, insert a left-aligned tab stop even with the left edge of the
second column, tab to it, and type "Song Name" again there.