Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JeffA JeffA is offline

Default Formatting..

I am using WORD 2007 and I have an image and text tables custom formatted to
7" width and 3" height. I noticed that when I print on my HP Printer... my
doc prints in landscape format..... i need to have the top of my text table
print on the upper portion of my 8.5"x11" paper, instead it prints on the
side of my paper.... how do i adjust this? *I have changed the orientation to
portrait, however, the paper view changes the format to 3" width and 7"
height.

Also I have noticed that my image (which is quite small) prints above where
it should actually be printing... anyone have any info on why this is
happening?

Any help will do! Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Basic question that needs to be asked first:-) - Since installing 2007 have
you checked to see if there is an update available for your printer driver?
And have you checked the printer properties to make sure they are correct?

If that isn't the cause of the problem, what do you mean by "paper view"?
What are the current settings on the Page Layout tab for Margins,
Orientation, & Size?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/28/07 11:26 PM, in article
, "JeffA"
wrote:

I am using WORD 2007 and I have an image and text tables custom formatted to
7" width and 3" height. I noticed that when I print on my HP Printer... my
doc prints in landscape format..... i need to have the top of my text table
print on the upper portion of my 8.5"x11" paper, instead it prints on the
side of my paper.... how do i adjust this? *I have changed the orientation to
portrait, however, the paper view changes the format to 3" width and 7"
height.

Also I have noticed that my image (which is quite small) prints above where
it should actually be printing... anyone have any info on why this is
happening?

Any help will do! Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unless the printer has this paper size available, and especially since the
OP is actually printing on 8.5" x 11" paper, the appropriate approach is to
set the paper size for 8.5" x 11" portrait and increase the margins to
confine the text to the 7" x 3" space.

.. .