Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default 2003 Compare

Word 2003 SP2 on Windows 2000 SP4
Recently upgraded from 2000 to 2003.
I constantly compare documents and have had no problems for years, but now
2003 wants to create a new file, instead of using the current open file to
show the changes, as in 2000. Is there a setting somewhere that will stop the
creation of the €śnew€ť document?
I know I will probably get used to this €śupgrade€ť eventually, but if there
is a tick box somewhere to stop this happening, I would be grateful to find
out.
Many thanks
DeanH