Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
perplexd perplexd is offline

Default how paginate consecutively while keeping chapters in separate file

I am preparing a book for publication. The publisher wants the ms. numbered
consecutively but the chapters in separate files. I tried renumbering each
file but didn't work right.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

While in the Format Page Number dialog, you can set the starting number, I
can see that it could well create problems as the way in which pages are
laid out (and hence the number of pages in a chapter) may vary depending
upon the printer upono which the document is printed.

I would have expected that if the publisher wanted the book in that format,
then during the process of compiling the chapters into a book, he would be
taking care of the page numbering.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"perplexd" wrote in message
I am preparing a book for publication. The publisher wants the ms.
numbered
consecutively but the chapters in separate files. I tried renumbering
each
file but didn't work right.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Are you preparing the manuscript or the final? If final, must all chapters
start on an odd page? If yes, then add a page to any file that ends on an
odd page. Number the first page of the next file with the next odd number.

Pam