Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Josh Hackett Josh Hackett is offline

Default How do you remove underlining applied on merging two documents

I wanted to save what I had been typing and a dialogue box appeared which
gave me three options and I chose to merge what I had been typing with my
previous work on the same story. The result was that the whole document
changed from black to red and was entirely underlined. Now for some reason it
is blue but still underlined. I have been unable to find a solution from my
own knowledge of Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word treated your Merge operation as a Track Changes procedure. Locate
the Track Changes controls (a new toolbar will have appeared in
Word2003; on the Review tab of the Ribbon in Word2007) and adjacent to
the button for "Accept Change" (a blue check-mark) is a dropdown menu.
From that menu, choose "Accept All Changes."

Changes usually appear red when the User they're attributed to is the
User of the copy of Word they're open in. If the file is opened on a
different computer (or a different User's use of the same copy of
Word), then then "Author" is seen as different and another color is
used -- blue for a second person, green for a third, etc.

On Oct 17, 12:16*am, Josh Hackett Josh
wrote:
I wanted to save what I had been typing and a dialogue box appeared which
gave me three options and I chose to merge what I had been typing with my
previous work on the same story. The result was that the whole document
changed from black to red and was entirely underlined. Now for some reason it
is blue but still underlined. I have been unable to find a solution from my
own knowledge of Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:16:01 -0700, Josh Hackett Josh
wrote:

I wanted to save what I had been typing and a dialogue box appeared which
gave me three options and I chose to merge what I had been typing with my
previous work on the same story. The result was that the whole document
changed from black to red and was entirely underlined. Now for some reason it
is blue but still underlined. I have been unable to find a solution from my
own knowledge of Word.

It sounds like you've accidentally turned on Track Changes, possibly
by way of the Compare and Merge feature. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

You need to first turn off Track Changes, and then accept all changes
in the document. If you have Word 2003 or earlier, the article will
tell you how to do that. If you have Word 2007, the buttons are on the
Review ribbon.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank H[_2_] Frank H[_2_] is offline

Josh,
(you need to specify what version you are working with. 2007 commands are
described very differently from 2003.)

You appear to have gotten into reviewing tools.

Assuming Word 2003: Turn on your Reviewing Toolbar (View - Toolbars -
Reviewing)
The drop down on the left end indicates what you see in your document.
Change it to Final, and you should see more what you expect.
--
Frank H
Rockford, IL