joanne

Default fix margins for web page

Ok I have a couple of questions. I am trying to use an existing document for
a web page. The right margins are way off. I keep reseting the margins but
it dont work. Also my graphics don't show up after being published.

joanne

So is there a way that I can turn off the word wrap and set the layout to
what i want? Here is the link to the page I am working on..
http://www.kinderkidschildcare.com/SUMMER_HANDBOOK.htm

"joanne" wrote in message
Ok I have a couple of questions. I am trying to use an existing document

for
a web page. The right margins are way off. I keep reseting the margins

but
it dont work. Also my graphics don't show up after being published.

Your text *isn't* wrapping to the window. Like most Web pages created by
Word it's a dog's breakfast of reams of unnecessary HTML, but the best I can
see, apparently your right indent is set to -0.5", which is why it is
running off the screen.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Web pages don't have margins; they wrap to the window. And graphics

won't
show up unless you explicitly upload them (they are saved in separate

files,
usually in a supporting folder).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"joanne" wrote in message
Ok I have a couple of questions. I am trying to use an existing

document
for
a web page. The right margins are way off. I keep reseting the

margins
but
it dont work. Also my graphics don't show up after being published.

joanne

When I bought my pc 2 years ago, I bought a bundle deal. It had office 2002
with it. I am assuming that front page is a part of that. I also was
assuming that when I use word, It was converting it into a web page when I
click save as a web page and I thought that was the front page part of the
program. I have no icons for front page, i don't even have a publishing
wizard. Is that a seperate program??

"joanne" wrote in message
Ok I have a couple of questions. I am trying to use an existing
document
for
a web page. The right margins are way off. I keep reseting the
margins
but
it dont work. Also my graphics don't show up after being

published.

Charles Kenyon

Front Page is a website editor. Saving as a web page from within Word does
not utilize Front Page.

FP is a part of some Office bundles and not others.

You could try Start Run
and type "Frontpg.exe" and press Enter.

If you have Front Page installed as a part of Office, that should run it.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have FrontPage, I would strongly advise creating Web pages with
that
rather than Word.

so
all may benefit.