Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mover10 Mover10 is offline

Default Saving a template from office 2007 into an office 2003 format.

Okay, I will try and explain this as good as I can. I create reports for
dealerships. Until last week, I was useing Office 2003. My office has
upgraded, but most of the field dealerships are still using office 2003. I
created my Macro to create the report and then save the file as a .xls file,
thinking it would be compatable. It unfortunatly currupts the file when
trying to read it from an office 03 machine. I have tried setting the
template up as an 03 document as well, but that failed epicly. So I need to
know if it is even POSSABLE to save a file in 03 readable format from a
macro. Anybody know?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz Pesach Shelnitz is offline

Hi,

With the following Excel 2007 macro saved in the module of an Excel 2007
macro-enabled file, I can convert Excel 2007 workbooks to functional Excel
97-2003 workbooks. It may give you what you need, or at least demonstrate
that this conversion can be done in VBA.

Sub SaveAsOldExcel()
Const Error_ActionCanceled = 1004
Dim fullName As String
Dim k As Integer

With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)
If .Show Then
fullName = .SelectedItems(1)
Else
MsgBox "You didn't select a file to open."
Exit Sub
End If
End With
k = InStr(1, fullName, ".xlsx", vbTextCompare)
If k = 0 Then
MsgBox "The file selected does not have the .xlsx extension."
Exit Sub
End If
Workbooks.Open fullName
fullName = Left(fullName, Len(fullName) - 1)
With Workbooks(Workbooks.Count)
On Error Resume Next
.SaveAs Filename:=fullName, FileFormat:=xlExcel8, _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _
CreateBackup:=False
If Err.Number = Error_ActionCanceled Then
MsgBox "Saving the file was canceled."
End If
On Error GoTo 0
.Close
End With
End Sub

Do you post this question to one of the Excel newsgroups?
--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz