Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marc Marc is offline

Default Turned on red ink and stike through format. How get rid of it?

I accidentally struck some key to have my words type in red ink and strike
through and I can't find a way to get rid of this formatting. Can anyone help
out? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You have inadvertently turned on Track Changes, probably by mouse clciking on
the status bar at the bottom of the Word window (TRK).
You will need to accept or reject the changes you have done, then turn TC off.
See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html
for details.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Marc" wrote:

I accidentally struck some key to have my words type in red ink and strike
through and I can't find a way to get rid of this formatting. Can anyone help
out? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ganesh Ganesh is offline

Hi marc,

open the word document and press Ctrl+shift+F,
Then select the font colous is automatic,

undo(remove the tick mark) at Strikethrough under "effects" option

"Marc" wrote:

I accidentally struck some key to have my words type in red ink and strike
through and I can't find a way to get rid of this formatting. Can anyone help
out? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

Ctrl + Shift + E toggles tracking on or off.

Cheryl

On Oct 16, 7:05*am, Marc wrote:
I accidentally struck some key to have my words type in red ink and strike
through and I can't find a way to get rid of this formatting. Can anyone help
out? *Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You accidentally typed Ctrl-Shift-E, thus turning on Track Changes. If
you're in Word2003, then a Track Changes toolbar has appeared, and on
it you'll find a button with a red X. Alongside it is a tiny triangle
-- click on that, and from the dropdown, choose Accept All Changes.

Also on that toolbar is a button that turns Track Changes on and off
(it's hard to describe, but it's bright when it's on). Or you can type
the key combination again, or you can click the TRK down in your
status bar at the bottom of the window. (Black = on, gray = off.)

In Word2007, the same controls are on the Review tab of the Ribbon
(and the other two ways of turning it on and off stll work).