Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default Form fields - how to update

HI,

I've created a fill-in form using tables and Form fields and the first time
its used, it works great.

However, when you go back to edit the form, there are a number of issues.
For example, up and down arrow keys move to the previous and next fields in
the table as opposed to the lines of text in the specific cell, if you try to
select a letter (to change from lower to uppercase), a block of the text in
the cell is selected instead of just one letter.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can anyone help or point me in a
direction where I can get help please (I've tried looking at other topics and
there are so many links to some many different articles I don't knwo where to
start)
--
Regards
Karen Irving
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank H[_2_] Frank H[_2_] is offline

Form fields don't start working until you protect the dcoument. If you can
select anything except the form fields, then you do not have the document
protected.
If sounds like you are using Word 2003: Go Tools - Protect document. There
is also a button on the Forms toolbar for the same thing.
--
Frank H
Rockford, IL