Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mags mags is offline

Default Table of Contents Word 2007 Page Numbers not aligning correctly

I have been all over Word 2007 (yes, a recent convert) and all over the help
topics on the office.ms.com - please help! My TOC is formatted to Heading 1
and Heading 2 only, taking from template. The Heading 1 page numbers are
showing up indented from the right margin, while the Heading 2 page numbers
are all the way at the right margin. It looks strange. I would prefer to
have them reversed - Heading 1 page numbers to the right margin, heading two
indented from the right margin by a small bit. I cannot figure out how to do
this. I have looked at the formatting of the styles themselves - no right
margin is set. I have looked in the "insert TOC" tab and clicked modify but
all I can control there are tab stops - and since the durn ruler doesn't
appear it is guess work at best. Isn't there a better way to do this? I am
presenting this document tomorrow, so any help is very much appreciated. And
Happy Holidays to all!
--
Mags
Just Another CRM User, sometimes completely frustrated, in St. Louis MO