Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default Word 2007 Footer Height

I want to change the amount of space allocated to the footer in Word 2007 so
that I can get more body text on a page.

If I open headers and footers and click in the header, I can move the dashed
blued line defining the header height by clicking in the header area and then
pushing the bottom end of the white bar in the vertical ruler up or down to
move the dashed blued line that defines the space allocated to the header.

However, if I click in the footer I cannot move the dashed blue line up or
down. If I push on the top end of the white bar in the vertical ruler the
text in the footer moves up and down (not the dashed blue line defining the
footer height).

A clue to the problem may be that when I am in the header and hover the
mouse over the top of the white bar in the vertical ruler, the words "Top
Margin" appear, and if I hover over the bottom of the white bar, the words
"Bottom Margin" appear. Either of those can be adjusted in the header. If I
am in the footer and hover the mouse over the top of the white bar the words
"Top Margin" appear, but if I hover the mouse over the bottom of the white
bar (which appears to extend to the very bottom of the page) no words appear,
and I cannot move the bottom of the white bar in vertical ruler (when I am in
the footer).

Is there some other way to adjust the height of the area reserved for the
footer in Word 2007?
Thanks.
--
Jim (a.k.a. ORTNPALMS)

How do I change the height of a Word 2007 header? Marian M. Microsoft Word Help 3 April 22nd 23 08:49 PM
Header Height Word 2007 Otyokwa Page Layout 3 November 9th 07 08:56 PM
How do I change the height of a Word 2007 header? Marian M. Page Layout 2 July 25th 07 03:16 AM
Height of Footer Nono Page Layout 1 March 10th 07 03:09 PM
Header and Footer height and spacing from the top and bottom of a GordonM Page Layout 4 July 15th 06 01:39 AM