Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ERG ERG is offline

Default 07 Form in 03 - spacing

I created a form in 07 and used the legacy forms tools so it will work in
older versions of Word - the form has a few drop downs, a couple X boxes and
mostly fill in spaces.
I protect it and open on an older computer with Word 03 - the drop downs and
X boxes work fine, but the fill in areas (text form fields) are HUGE - not
the font, but the actual grey area - the font/words are normal size when I
type something in the area, but the grey area stays huge.
If I unprotect the form in 03, the grey areas are still huge, but when I
enter words, the grey area goes away and the spacing returns to normal for
that text form field, which is good, but then the X boxes and drop downs do
not work at all.
What am I missing/doing wrong, please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure that you have the same printer driver installed for the older
computer; that way, the formatting should be the same.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP