Ron K

Default turn off "track changes" in Word 2000

I did some editing, using "strike through" in Word 2000. Now Word defaults to
track changes and it red lines any text that I paste into my document. I have
to highlight the text, then go to Format, Font, uncheck "Strikethroug" and
then change the color from red to black. I have also tried going to Tools,
track changes, and uncheck everything, but it still defaults to strikethrough
whenever I paste some there. Any suggestions other than reinstalling?

Ron

Margaret Aldis

I'm not clear from your post whether you are really talking about track
changes or whether this is strikethrough font formatting. From your
description of events it sounds like the latter (and nothing to do with
track changes), and I suspect the answer to your problem is that Normal
style is set to "Automatically update" and is now defined as strikethrough.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eformatted.htm

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Ron K" Ron wrote in message
I did some editing, using "strike through" in Word 2000. Now Word defaults
track changes and it red lines any text that I paste into my document. I
have
to highlight the text, then go to Format, Font, uncheck "Strikethroug" and
then change the color from red to black. I have also tried going to Tools,
track changes, and uncheck everything, but it still defaults to
strikethrough
whenever I paste some there. Any suggestions other than reinstalling?

Ron

Ron K

Nargaret, the MVP URL you directed me to provided the answer I was looking
for. I went into Normal syle and found that "Strikethrough" with red font was
now "Normal". I Selected Font, unchecked Strikethrough and changed the font
black.

Thank you for your help

Ron K