Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
quail1 quail1 is offline

Default Access Word 2003 program after loading Office 2007?

Can I use my old Word 2003 program after I have loaded Office 2007? I have a
presentation that is going to be given to Word 2003 users. If possible, how
do I access the program?
--
quail1
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the following Knowledge Base Article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306021/en-us

Note, that does not necessarily mean that you will not be contravening the
EULA if you do it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"quail1" wrote in message
Can I use my old Word 2003 program after I have loaded Office 2007? I have
presentation that is going to be given to Word 2003 users. If possible,
how
do I access the program?
--
quail1

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
quail1 quail1 is offline

I'm sorry Doug but is your answer related to my question? I couldn't follow
the info in the link you cited.
--
quail1

"quail1" wrote in message
Can I use my old Word 2003 program after I have loaded Office 2007? I have
presentation that is going to be given to Word 2003 users. If possible,
how
do I access the program?
--
quail1

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think Doug was assuming you had both Office 2003 and Office 2007 installed
and were asking how to use one rather than the other without having to go
through all the "Preparing to install" nonsense that results when you try to
use a version other than the last-used one. If you installed Office 2007 as
an upgrade over Office 2003, then Word 2003 will not be available.

"quail1" wrote in message
Can I use my old Word 2003 program after I have loaded Office 2007? I

have
presentation that is going to be given to Word 2003 users. If

possible,
how
do I access the program?
--
quail1

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen in Virginia Beach Jen in Virginia Beach is offline

I used the trial of office home and student 2007, but when the trial expired,
it didn't give me back access to the word program I had prior. -I tried to
re-install, and I got a failure notice, asking me to verify that I have
access to the application-I have the product code, but not a disk-it was
pre-installed when I bought my computer, the only reason I have the product
code is because who ever installed it was smart enough to put the sticker on
the bottom of notebook. Any ideas?? Thanks Jen

"quail1" wrote in message
Can I use my old Word 2003 program after I have loaded Office 2007? I

have
presentation that is going to be given to Word 2003 users. If

possible,
how
do I access the program?
--
quail1

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The sticker on the bottom of the notebook is almost certainly for Windows,
not Word or Office. The OEM is required to give you the CDs for any
installed product; with or on the CD (on the case or a Certificate of
Authenticity), you will find the correct key code.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I think Doug was assuming you had both Office 2003 and Office 2007

installed
and were asking how to use one rather than the other without having to

go
through all the "Preparing to install" nonsense that results when you

try to
use a version other than the last-used one. If you installed Office 2007

as
an upgrade over Office 2003, then Word 2003 will not be available.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the following Knowledge Base Article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306021/en-us

Note, that does not necessarily mean that you will not be

contravening
the
EULA if you do it.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my