mike0723

Default Multiple TOC's in one document

I'm working on a large technical manual with many sections and would like to
create multiple TOC's, but Word 2002 does not seem to allow this. Anyone know
if this is possible with Word 2002? Thanks.
--
Mike0723
Mary

The way I've done it in the past is:

Define the sections in the document using bookmarks. e.g., select all the
content in Section 1 and choose Insert-Bookmark, give it the name Section1.
Put your cursor where you want the TOC for this section to appear and type
CTRL+F9 to insert a pair of field code braces (looks like { })
Now in between the braces type TOC \b Section 1
The resulting field code will look like this { TOC \b Section1 }.
Hit F9 to update the field and you should now have a TOC just for that
section.
Repeat for the remaining sections.

The \b switch tells Word to use the bookmarked section.

"mike0723" wrote in message
I'm working on a large technical manual with many sections and would like
create multiple TOC's, but Word 2002 does not seem to allow this. Anyone
know
if this is possible with Word 2002? Thanks.
--
Mike0723

Mary, your original answer to Mike helped but now I have another problem.
Despite going into Style Format Heading Numbering and also into Bullets and
Numbers and selecting to start from 1, it will not do so. Can you, or anyone
else out there, help?

Sheila

"mike0723" wrote in message
I'm working on a large technical manual with many sections and would
like
create multiple TOC's, but Word 2002 does not seem to allow this.
Anyone
know
if this is possible with Word 2002? Thanks.
--
Mike0723

Margaret Aldis

If you have a new question you need to start again in a new thread with a
new subject.

For problems with heading numbering, see he

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

For issues about restarting numbering see he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...artMethods.htm

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

" wrote in
message ...

Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
How do I get multiple Excel rows merged into Word document when .. sebmailmerge Mailmerge 2 April 20th 05 03:47 PM
Printing Selected Pages from a Document Containing Multiple Page Numbering Schemes Don Formatting Long Documents 7 January 14th 05 03:07 AM
Merge Multiple Records into One Document jdb Mailmerge 3 December 11th 04 12:33 AM
Document object in protected form Bruce Tables 2 December 6th 04 07:09 PM