Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DavidL DavidL is offline

Default The feature references Manage Sources, Sytle, etc is shadded

The feature references Manage Sources, Sytle, etc is shadded
Why would it be shaded (disabled)? Why MS does not indicate by a tool tip or
something the reason of a deactivated feature? Very annoying and waste of
time.
How do I enable this feature?
Besides the Style is shaded and says missing.
I used "repair" for Office and does not fix it.
I checked and I had activated the program.
Any help will be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Has it ever worked before on this copy of Word 2007? Does it work when you
start with an empty document? Have you installed any other reference
software such as EndNote or RefWorks which might have disabled the tool?

If not, there is a good chance that the installation silently failed at some
point. Have you checked the installation log? I never had the issue myself
but I have seen it come up several times in several forums.
Uninstalling/reinstalling was the only solution people ever found for the
problem. Repairing an installation does not seem to help.

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-genera...e-missing.html
(if the last post is telling the truth, then uninstalling/reinstalling is
also what is suggested by Microsoft)

http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forum.as...res-Greyed-Out

http://www.pchelpforum.com/office-so...rencing-2.html

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&gl=us
(in the comments at the bottom)

Yves
--
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"DavidL" wrote in message
The feature references Manage Sources, Sytle, etc is shadded
Why would it be shaded (disabled)? Why MS does not indicate by a tool tip
or
something the reason of a deactivated feature? Very annoying and waste of
time.
How do I enable this feature?
Besides the Style is shaded and says missing.
I used "repair" for Office and does not fix it.
I checked and I had activated the program.
Any help will be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DavidL DavidL is offline

Hi
Thanks a lot !
I had to fully Uninstall and then install again.
That cure it.
I hope MS fixes this time wasting bug !!

David