Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Paul_Law Paul_Law is offline

Default Numbering changes when document opened in Word 2007

When my colleague opens a document in Word 2007, the numbering of list items
changes so that the first paragrpah in his document is number 7. When I open
the same document in word 2003, the first paragraph is numbered (correctly)
as 1. I have also asked another colleague (also running W 2007) to open the
document and the paragraph's appear correctly.

I have a feeling that the problem may lie with the template settings in my
frst colleagues version of Word. Does this sound possible/plausible and, if
so, is there an easy way to reset this to prevent this from happening in the
future?

Many thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are you updating styles from the template? If so, turn that setting off for
the document (in the Template and Add-Ins dialog box). Save the document and
then see if it opens OK on your colleague's computer.

To display the Template and Add-Ins dialog box: On the Developer tab, click
Document Template (Word 2007) or click Tools | Templates and Add-Ins (Word
2003).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP