Miles

Default can i recover an original document which i have saved new text ov.

I typed a report on 3-1-05, and have since saved another version over the
orginal document. Is there any way that I can recover the original document
just before my second save?

If you have "Always create backup copy" enabled on the Save tab of Tools |
Options, then look for the "Backup of filename.wbk" file in the same
folder with your document (you'll have to display All Files to see it). It
will be your previous saved version. If you don't have that option enabled,
now you see why it would have been a good idea.