strap426

Default How do Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word relate?

I'm trying to clean up my C: drive by uninstalling applications I don't use.
I want to uninstall Microsoft Office but don't want it to affect Microsoft
Word. I use Word often. How do Office and Word relate? Is Word a part of
Office? Slightly confused...
Thank you.
Jay Freedman

Word is part of Office (it's also possible to buy just Word by itself, but
that's not what you have).

In the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs dialog, click the Office item and
select the Change button. In the dialog that appears, uncheck any of the
Office programs you don't want (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) but leave
Word checked. Then click the Update button. The unchecked programs will be
removed but Word will stay in place.
--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"strap426" wrote:

I'm trying to clean up my C: drive by uninstalling applications I don't use.
I want to uninstall Microsoft Office but don't want it to affect Microsoft
Word. I use Word often. How do Office and Word relate? Is Word a part of
Office? Slightly confused...
Thank you.

Jezebel

The way to approach this is to uninstall the lot, then reinstall Word. The
critical Office elements will be reinstalled automatically.

Office provides various shared components used by all the Office
applications, so you need at least some of it for Word to work. If you're
technically minded, switch to VBA, display the Object Browser, and see what
the Office library contains -- the menu functionality, amongst other things.

"strap426" wrote in message
I'm trying to clean up my C: drive by uninstalling applications I don't

use.
I want to uninstall Microsoft Office but don't want it to affect Microsoft
Word. I use Word often. How do Office and Word relate? Is Word a part

of
Office? Slightly confused...
Thank you.

strap426

Thank you, Jay. This is great!

"strap426" wrote:

I'm trying to clean up my C: drive by uninstalling applications I don't use.
I want to uninstall Microsoft Office but don't want it to affect Microsoft
Word. I use Word often. How do Office and Word relate? Is Word a part of
Office? Slightly confused...
Thank you.

Unable to type or open documents in Microsoft Word 2003 Catherine Brown Microsoft Word Help 6 October 27th 10 09:08 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
How to translate microsoft work's document to word? Roger good buddy... Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 08:13 PM
Microsoft Office 2003 vee Microsoft Word Help 1 December 21st 04 01:43 PM