Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default save my settings wizard/ Word

I am trying to use the save my settings wizard in order to move my MS Word
settings from desktop to laptop, but when I run it on my desktop (with Ms
Word closed) it first tells me incorrectly that Word is still open, and then
after I click on the ignore button, it gives me this error message:

Cannot open c:\documents and settings\user\application
data\Microsoft\templates\normal.dot

Normal.dot is in this folder, and is not set as read only?

--
JRF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can do a lot of this manually. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm,
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm,
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...eySettings.htm, and other
articles linked to those.

" wrote in
message news
Yes, I thought of that the second time, closed Outlook, and it still will
not
work. JF
--
JRF

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Is Outlook open when this problem happens? If yes, then try
closing that too.