Alan

Default empty date fields in access

I am attempting to create a merge template between access 2002 & Word 2002. I
have several date fields where sometimes there is a date and some times there
is no date. Word is currently inserting todays date in this field if it is
blank. Is it possible to get this field to be blanked out when there is no
data in the field in Access?

Cheers Alan
Alan

I have also just noticed that for any dates where the day is less than 12 my
switch is not working correctly. {MERGEFIELD CRdate \@ "d-MMM-yy"
MERGEFORMAT} ie 2nd of september 2003 (entered in Access as 02/09/2003) comes
into word as 9-Feb-03. For all other dates it is working fine.
Can some one help me with this too?
I am confused!

Cheers Alan

"Alan" wrote:

I am attempting to create a merge template between access 2002 & Word 2002. I
have several date fields where sometimes there is a date and some times there
is no date. Word is currently inserting todays date in this field if it is
blank. Is it possible to get this field to be blanked out when there is no
data in the field in Access?

Cheers Alan

Doug Robbins

I would use the format function in an Access Query in association with the
IFF function and then use the Access Query as the data source.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
news

"Alan" wrote:

I am attempting to create a merge template between access 2002 & Word
2002. I
have several date fields where sometimes there is a date and some times
there
is no date. Word is currently inserting todays date in this field if it
is
blank. Is it possible to get this field to be blanked out when there is
no
data in the field in Access?

Cheers Alan

Doug Robbins

Sorry, typo there, it should have been IIF

IIF([CRDate]="","",Format([CRDate, "dd-MMM-yy))

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

I would use the format function in an Access Query in association with
the
IFF function and then use the Access Query as the data source.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
news

Date fields Walt G Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 06:57 PM
Empty Mail Merge Fields Meggan Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 06:22 AM
Empty Mail Merge Fields Meggan Microsoft Word Help 0 January 13th 05 01:43 AM
date format problem in access 2002 jay Tables 1 December 13th 04 09:18 AM
Why does the date format change when I mail merge from Access? Alex Mailmerge 1 December 6th 04 03:25 PM