Frode Hjønnevåg

Default Working several docs at the same time with Word 2000

I have a question with regards to working with several documents
simoultaneusly.

Im using Word 2000. On previous word versions, you could open several
documents within Word without opening Word several times. You also had the
option to minimize each document within Word.
The option to run several documents within one instance of Word allowed you
to easier work/keep open large numbers of documents at the same time without
any noticable loss of resources, in particular when printing.

I can not find any setting within Word options, and searching on the web
gives me nothing.. Does anybody have a clue? I do suspect the ICT dept. at
my office for restricting the installation of Word (leaving out options)..
Can this be the issue here?

Would really appreciate any help here..

Regs

Frode

Jay Freedman

Hi Frode,

Don't blame the ICT department, this is just the way Word 2000 (only that
one version) works. In all later versions, you get an option whether to have
documents in the same window or separate windows. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/SDIMDI.htm for an explanation of
what's going on.

Note particularly that even when you have separate windows open, there is
still only one copy of Word running. If there is some "loss of resources",
it isn't because of the separate windows. (There are other issues, such as
having to give up so much screen space to multiple copies of toolbars and
menus.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Frode Hjønnevåg wrote:
[...]

Frode Hjønnevåg

Thanks Jay,

But the ICT dept is still the problem since they wont give me a shining new
Word XP/2003 )

Again thanks..

Frode