RoystonB

Default Disappearing Pictures

I'm having problems with pictures within Word. I have
received a number of emails with Word attachments, which
contain pictures. When the document is opened the picture
on the screen is fine. However, when I scroll the picture
are erased from the screen and the pictures further now
the page are not shown. But I can get them back by using
the Task Pane and the pictures on the screen reappear.
But scroll again and they disappear. Task Pane, reappear.

Any ideas please? Thanks

TF

Poor graphics engine. Word is demanding of graphics and if you have an
integrated graphics chip on the motherboard, it is probably too feeble to
keep up the screen refresh when you scroll along. Other than checking to see
if you have the latest graphics drivers, there's little you can do other
than upgrade your graphics card.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"RoystonB" wrote in message
: I'm having problems with pictures within Word. I have
: received a number of emails with Word attachments, which
: contain pictures. When the document is opened the picture
: on the screen is fine. However, when I scroll the picture
: are erased from the screen and the pictures further now
: the page are not shown. But I can get them back by using
: the Task Pane and the pictures on the screen reappear.
: But scroll again and they disappear. Task Pane, reappear.
:
: Any ideas please? Thanks
:

Leonard F. Kiesling

have similar problem. new dell 4700 desktop computer. windows xp pro, using
word 2002. when i have a photo inserted into a document, it disappears when
i scroll. returns if i minimize then maximize using task bar button. how do
i slow down accelleration? this is my work computer. no added games .
thank you, len kiesling

"RoystonB" wrote in message
I'm having problems with pictures within Word. I have
received a number of emails with Word attachments, which
contain pictures. When the document is opened the picture
on the screen is fine. However, when I scroll the picture
are erased from the screen and the pictures further now
the page are not shown. But I can get them back by using
the Task Pane and the pictures on the screen reappear.
But scroll again and they disappear. Task Pane, reappear.

Any ideas please? Thanks

.

TF

Right-click on your Desktop and select Properties. Choose Settings, Tab,
Click on Advanced and then choose the Troubleshooting tab. Lowering by two
notched usually resolves the problem. Check on the Dell site to make sure
that you have the latest graphics driver available. If that doesn't clear
the problem, report this to Dell support.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Leonard F. Kiesling" wrote in
message ...
: have similar problem. new dell 4700 desktop computer. windows xp pro,
using
: word 2002. when i have a photo inserted into a document, it disappears
when
: i scroll. returns if i minimize then maximize using task bar button. how
do
: i slow down accelleration? this is my work computer. no added games .
: thank you, len kiesling
:
: "Graham Mayor" wrote in message
: ...
: If there is no driver update - and I agree with Terry's diagnosis - try
: reducing the graphics hardware acceleration a notch or two.
:
: --
:
: Graham Mayor - Word MVP
:
: My web site www.gmayor.com
: Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
:
:
:
:
: wrote:
[...]
: "RoystonB" wrote in message
: ...
: I'm having problems with pictures within Word. I have
: received a number of emails with Word attachments, which
: contain pictures. When the document is opened the picture
: on the screen is fine. However, when I scroll the picture
: are erased from the screen and the pictures further now
: the page are not shown. But I can get them back by using
: the Task Pane and the pictures on the screen reappear.
: But scroll again and they disappear. Task Pane, reappear.
:
: Any ideas please? Thanks
:
:
:
: .
:
:
:
:

Leonard F Kiesling

problem solved. researched thru a cnet site:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6129-0....sageID=1004325

fix was posted today. went to intel's site; downloaded latest driver;
pictures scroll normally in microsoft word 2002, on new dell 4700 desktop.
thank you. ann was correct! & thanks to this news group!
len kiesling

"Leonard F. Kiesling" wrote in
message ...