Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sherri Sherri is offline

Default crazy symbols

when i open a new document in Word, there is the paragraph symbol, which i
can not delete. When i start typing, it puts in symbols everytime I touch the
space bar...it is driving me nuts.....when i go to view the full document it
does not appear, I think I have turned something on, but don't know what...I
have a project due by sunday, and I really need to fix this....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Press Ctrl+Shift+*. If that doesn't help, then:

In Word 2003 or earlier, click on Tools | Options | View tab | uncheck
the boxes for "All", "Spaces", and "Paragraph marks" | OK.

In Word 2007, click on Office Button | Word Options | Display | uncheck

sherri wrote:
when i open a new document in Word, there is the paragraph symbol, which i
can not delete. When i start typing, it puts in symbols everytime I touch the
space bar...it is driving me nuts.....when i go to view the full document it
does not appear, I think I have turned something on, but don't know what...I
have a project due by sunday, and I really need to fix this....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

There's nothing crazy about those symbols: they are needed. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP