Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris

Default Insert and Link Graphics

I'm trying to both Insert and Link graphics via Insert Picture, but when the
graphic changes in the source, the graphic in Word isn't updated.

I've tried putting both the Document and the source graphic file in the same
folder and that doesn't seem to make a difference either.

I've made sure the "Don't automatically update Links" options isn't checked.

I'm out of ideas.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
CS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi Chris-

Links to pictures are not exactly the same as links to OLE Objects and must
be updated manually (other than on opening the doc they're in or when
Printing). They are primarily intended simply for keeping file size more
manageable.

What version of Word are you using? I'm a little perplexed by the reference

"Don't automatically update Links" options...

In the EditLinks dialog box the options for updating OLE links are
"Automatic" or "Manual", but both are dimmed for links to pictures. The
reference in ToolsOptionsPrint is simply "Update Links", and the reference
in ToolsOptionsGeneral is "Update Automatic Links at Open". I don't recall
ever seeing a "Don't..." option.

HTH |:)