Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cottage6 cottage6 is offline

Default Mailmerge - Replace fields and formatting

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to help a user with a mail merge I believe was originally done in
Word 2000; current user has 2002 with Excel 2002. It seems I have 2
different problems:
1) There are 4 "percent" fields, percent1 - percent4. Looks to me like
percent1 has been used for all 4, so I need to change the last 3 fields. In
Step 4 of the merge I've been clicking on "More items" and selecting the
percent2, percent3, and percent4 fields that way.
2) The percent fields are formatted as percent with 0 decimals in Excel.
When the merge occurs the actual value of the cell is what shows in Word. I
tried to edit the field using Ctrl + F9 with this code { ={ Mergefield
percent2 }*100 \#0%}. I am getting an !Undefined Bookmark error when I do
the merge.

Any ideas? I don't know what to do. TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Does the { MERGEFIELD percent2 } alone result in a number being displayed?

Did you use Ctrl+F9 for both pairs of field delimiters { }

Make sure that you have a space either side of the * operator and between
the # and the 0

{ = { Mergefield percent2 } * 100 \# 0% }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP