sage

Default Word should read open document format files.

I need to open a .odt document file. Word should be able to do this, but it
just comes up as gibberish.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Anne Troy

What's an ODT file? Never heard of it...
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"sage" wrote in message
I need to open a .odt document file. Word should be able to do this, but
it
just comes up as gibberish.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I had to look - it seems it's Open Office. I was going to make a comment
about the OP's comment that MS *should* be open to open it but I figured I'd
take the higher road. I hit the delete key instead of Send.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sage" wrote in message
I need to open a .odt document file. Word should be able to do this, but
it
just comes up as gibberish.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Candice

Given the spirit of open source software, I'd say it is more of a courtesy
issue that OO opens and saves files for MS Word, and I believe Microsoft
would do well to provide support for OO in return. I assure you that if this
functionality was removed, the broad user base that Open Office has is
unlikely to change much.

"sage" wrote in message
I need to open a .odt document file. Word should be able to do this,

but
it
just comes up as gibberish.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

danny

Office should be able to handle the open document format. I know many people
who use other applications such as Open Office, and they're not going to stop
using them. It would be a great help to the community to allow seamless
communication between various products.