Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leonidas Leonidas is offline

Default HTML source - Word 2007

How can I see the HTML source in Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

HTML source of what?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Leonidas" wrote in message
:

How can I see the HTML source in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Of a Web page. In previous versions, when you save as .htm, the View menu
gets a new item, "HTML Source."

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote in message
HTML source of what?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Leonidas" wrote in message
:

How can I see the HTML source in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Thanks Suzanne. I didn't know that.
I went and looked. The feature to view an HTML Source has been removed
from Word 2007.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
:

Of a Web page. In previous versions, when you save as .htm, the View menu
gets a new item, "HTML Source."

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote in message
HTML source of what?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Leonidas" wrote in message
:

How can I see the HTML source in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does this mean that Word no longer creates Web pages or just that there's no
way to view the raw HTML source code (without resorting to Notepad)?

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote in message
HTML source of what?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Leonidas" wrote in message
:

How can I see the HTML source in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Word still creates webpages (AFAIK, there was no improvement/change made
in that area), but there is no built-in way anymore to view the raw HTML
code.
If you want clean HTML code out of Word, you need to use its new
blogging feature by the way.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
[...]

"Leonidas" wrote in message
:

How can I see the HTML source in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks, Patrick. I long since "outgrew" Word's Web capabilities and
"graduated" to FrontPage.

[...]

"Leonidas" wrote in message
:

How can I see the HTML source in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

No one should be using Word to create web pages...

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
[...]

"Leonidas" wrote in message
:

How can I see the HTML source in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The worst of it is that many people who are attempting to are apparently
doing it as part of a class assignment.

[...]

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote in

message
HTML source of what?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Leonidas" wrote in

message
:

How can I see the HTML source in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Yes...in an intro Engineering course I TA (we do basic C++ programming
and numerical methods), we have students make a webpage. One of the
suggested editors (besides Notepad and FrontPage) is Word... I found it
hilarious though that the prof who made the slides talked about all the
garbage that Word puts into an HTML file without ever mentioning that
it's there because the web page feature of Word has a different purpose
(meaning it was not designed for making a web page, but for rendering a
Word document in HTML as close as only possible to the original Word
file).
I get to tell people every semester that using Word for web pages is a
ludicrous idea.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Leonidas,

For Word 2007 MS still provides the MS Script Editor (MSE.exe) as part of Office 2007, but has removed the linkage within Word that
allowed it to be 'linked' source code editor for HTML.

You can use Web Page Preview & your browser to view source
(Web Page Preview is a command you'll need to add to your Quick Access toolbar by using these keystrokes
Alt,T,o,C
followed by
Alt+C, A, {enter}, {tab}, X,W
then scroll down to and add the Web Page Preview command
to the Quick Access Toolbar.

When in the browser you can use right click or the File menu to get to the Edit/View source choice.

=============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leonidas Leonidas is offline

Thanks Bob. I found what I needed. My question was simply how to see the HTML
code of a web page created in Word. I need this dode to post a formated text
to my web site. What I found is that when I save the created web page as HTML
document I can see the code using wordpad.

Thanks again.