~MC~

Default Missing FILE menu

Here's a problem to ponder...any suggestions to help fix this would be
greatly appreciated.

When I start up Word (Microsoft XP version) I don't have a FILE menu. The
first menu that appears is the EDIT one, how do I get the FILE menu back to
where it should be?

Mandy

garfield-n-odie

For future reference, please do not crosspost or multipost to so many
newsgroups. Ask your question in one newsgroup, and if you don't get an
answer after 24 hours, try a different newsgroup.
news://microsoft.public.word.newusers might be the appropriate newsgroup
for you. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm
regarding your missing menu command problem.

~MC~ wrote:

Here's a problem to ponder...any suggestions to help fix this would be
greatly appreciated.

When I start up Word (Microsoft XP version) I don't have a FILE menu. The
first menu that appears is the EDIT one, how do I get the FILE menu back to
where it should be?

Mandy

Doug Robbins

The way in which to original post was sent to a number of newsgroups by
including them all in the header of the one message is quite acceptable as
when it is read or answered in one ng, the answer will appear in all of
them. Far better than the people who post the same message separately to
individual newsgroups when an answer then only appears in the one newsgroup
in which it is answered.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

~MC~ wrote:

Here's a problem to ponder...any suggestions to help fix this would be
greatly appreciated.

When I start up Word (Microsoft XP version) I don't have a FILE menu.
The
first menu that appears is the EDIT one, how do I get the FILE menu back
where it should be?

Mandy

Gary Labowitz

"~MC~" wrote in message
Here's a problem to ponder...any suggestions to help fix this would be
greatly appreciated.

When I start up Word (Microsoft XP version) I don't have a FILE menu. The
first menu that appears is the EDIT one, how do I get the FILE menu back

where it should be?

Right click on the menu bar, select Customize, click on Toolbars tab, select
Menu Bar, click Reset, and then OK. This will restore the normal.dot
template Menu Bar.
--
Gary