Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sonia Sonia is offline

Default Simple Mail Merge

Going crazy. I cannot seem to get the fields in the right place. I ask for
'contact', it produces 'postal_code". I ask for 'city', "province" and
it puts province on the next line. It's just doin its own thing. LOl. I
have started from scratch at least 4 times. NO idea what I am doing wrong.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you using the AddressBlock? If so, don't. Insert the fields that you
want to use in the configuration that you want them.

If you are merging from Outlook as sounds probable, see the "Mailmerge from
Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sonia" wrote in message
Going crazy. I cannot seem to get the fields in the right place. I ask
for
'contact', it produces 'postal_code". I ask for 'city', "province"
and
it puts province on the next line. It's just doin its own thing. LOl.
have started from scratch at least 4 times. NO idea what I am doing
wrong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sonia Sonia is offline

Thanks for the quick response.
No, I am using excel.
The coloumn headings are inserted into the document using a drop down list.
It DOES inport the data, but not necessarily from the right column, and not
in the place that I request it. I tried narrowing down the problem by
starting over, and asking in for CONTACT for example, and after the mail
merge, what it inported was the Postal code column. Weird eh? I even went
so far as to reboot my computer. Nothing works. The merge keeps inporting
from the wrong column AND not following my requested locations IE (It
displays city, beside address, when I have clearly requested city on the line
below address)

"Sonia" wrote in message
Going crazy. I cannot seem to get the fields in the right place. I ask
for
'contact', it produces 'postal_code". I ask for 'city', "province"
and
it puts province on the next line. It's just doin its own thing. LOl.
have started from scratch at least 4 times. NO idea what I am doing
wrong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I think that I have heard that this problem can be caused by a corruption in
the Excel spreadsheet. Try copying the data to a new workbook and try using
that as a data source.