Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sergi Sergi is offline

Default Word 2007 - A file error has occurred

I have been having the same error today trying to save a document. I have
tried with different computers, so I am pretty sure that the problem is not
only in my computer. Also, I have been reading that more people are having
the same problem problem but no solution has been found.

When does the problem occur?
Trying to save a document with Word 2007.

With all the documents?
No. I can save some documents, but some others not. You might be able to
recreate the same problem doing those steps:

1. Create New Document.
2. Start a numbering list. Write something
3. SHIFT+Enter
4. Insert equation. Write something into the equation.

Then try to save. I haven't been able. Does somebody has a solution for that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I can't reproduce the error. Either there are other factors (which are not
present when I test it) that contribute to the problem or your document is
simply corrupt. Have you tried Open and Repair?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sergi" wrote:

I have been having the same error today trying to save a document. I have
tried with different computers, so I am pretty sure that the problem is not
only in my computer. Also, I have been reading that more people are having
the same problem problem but no solution has been found.

When does the problem occur?
Trying to save a document with Word 2007.

With all the documents?
No. I can save some documents, but some others not. You might be able to
recreate the same problem doing those steps:

1. Create New Document.
2. Start a numbering list. Write something
3. SHIFT+Enter
4. Insert equation. Write something into the equation.

Then try to save. I haven't been able. Does somebody has a solution for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam[_6_] Pam[_6_] is offline

I'm having the same problem/error occur. Tried to convert a .doc to .docx - got the error. Had to recreated the doc (copy and paste) to a new .docx file. It saved at first, but then while editing the .docx, it hung, went into recover mode to force Word to close, autosaved, reopened, and now it will not allow me to save (get the error), only save as a .doc.

There are a lot of cross-references, but no equations, in this document.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...r-has-occurred