Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PLDV PLDV is offline

Default Changing font color of Table of Figures & Table of Tables

Hi! I need to change the font color of the text in my successfully generated
Table of Figures & Table of Tables (in a scientific report). The text in
these two tables is hyperlinked just like the text in the Table of Contents
is hyperlinked. I have done this font change successfully for the Table of
Contents via the sequence: Select the field codes in the Table of Contents
Rt click & select Edit Field option Under Field Names window select the TOC
field name & then select the Table of Contents button Select Modify
Select the relevant TOC style & then select the Modify button & then in the
Modify Style box, select the Font color icon & change to the desired color.

When I attempt to follow the same procedure for the Table of Figures & the
Table of Tables, the Table of Figures tab is grayed out in the Table of
Contents editing box. I presumed that I would follow the same procedure for
changing the font in the TO Figures & TO Tables but apparently not. I'm
stumped. I'd be grateful for comment/help.

Thanks.
PLDV.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Modify the Table of Figures paragraph style to suit your needs.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PLDV" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PLDV PLDV is offline

Hi, Stefan: Thanks for your reply. I've interpreted your info. to mean the
following: Select the Table of Figures or Table of Tables (the text becomes
grey b/cause it comprises field code info)
Rt click on greyed text pops up a menu which includes "Paste, Update Field, Edit Field, ... Font, Paragraph,...
Selecting Paragraph takes me to the Paragraph 'box'. But I can't find an option that enables me to modify the paragraph font that will change the font to blue, for example.

If I interpret your info. to go to the Paragraph style info. via the Styles
and Formatting window (after selecting one of the Table titles or Figure
legends which has a style based on Caption that will enable it to be picked
up in the TOC settings & included in the Table of Tables or Table of Figures)
& then select Modify for that relevant style, I'm taken to the Modify Style
box. Selecting Paragraph via the Format drop down button, takes me to the
same Paragraph editing menu as mentioned above.

Apologies for this 'messy' description. Tried to include a few screen shots
but couldn't (probably just as well ;-)).

I'd be grateful for further tutoring on what I need to do to achieve my
goal. Thanks.
PLDV

"PLDV" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PLDV PLDV is offline

Need/problem solved: Further exploration of the logic behind TOC's & a
cryptic comment in the MS tutorial "Create a basic TOC - Training - Microsoft
Office Online" resulted in discovering the solution.

While exploring the reinsertion of the TOFigures instruction set in my doc
(via Insert Reference Index and Tables Table of Figures tab select
Modify select Modify. At this point I noticed that the font icon was Blue
but the Sample text was still black. I toggled the color settings & noticed
that the sample text changed to blue. A 'light' went 'on'. Selected OK, OK &
'eureka' the font of both the TOTables & TOFigures was now blue (the existing
TOTables & TOFigures was updated). Previously the Table of Figures tab was
greyed out. Going through the Insert sequence provided access to the Table of
Figures tab. I'd forgotten that. Thanks for 'listening'. PLDV

"PLDV" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I was referring to modifying the style, yes, for example via the Styles and
Formatting pane.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PLDV" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted. :-)

In my previous reply I forgot to mention that the font settings for the
hyperlink styles must also be taken into account (this is true for
hyperlinked tables of contents/tables of figures).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

&