Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Brown Doug Brown is offline

Default my hyperlinks don't work in Word 2002

I am trying to format a FAQ document to jump from a heading at the top to the
specific answer in the body of the document. As instructed in the Help I
inserted a bookmark at each of the questions and answers. I listed the
questions at the top of the document and inserted a hyperlink at each of
these refering to the correct bookmarks. The question text turns blue and
underlined suggesting it has been changed to a hyperlink but clicking on
these doesn't take you to the appropriate place in the document.

What am I doing wrong or is something else preventing this from working
correctly?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have ScreenTips enabled (Tools | Options | View)? If so, you should
be seeing a ScreenTip that says "CTRL + click to follow link." This is the
default in Word 2002 and 2003, but if you prefer to be able to follow links
with a simple click, you can change the setting on the Edit tab of Tools |
Options.

"Doug Brown" Doug wrote in message
I am trying to format a FAQ document to jump from a heading at the top to

the
specific answer in the body of the document. As instructed in the Help I
inserted a bookmark at each of the questions and answers. I listed the
questions at the top of the document and inserted a hyperlink at each of
these refering to the correct bookmarks. The question text turns blue and
underlined suggesting it has been changed to a hyperlink but clicking on
these doesn't take you to the appropriate place in the document.

What am I doing wrong or is something else preventing this from working
correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're welcome.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have ScreenTips enabled (Tools | Options | View)? If so, you

should
be seeing a ScreenTip that says "CTRL + click to follow link." This is

the
default in Word 2002 and 2003, but if you prefer to be able to follow

links
with a simple click, you can change the setting on the Edit tab of Tools

Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.