Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Accept Creditcards on website Accept Creditcards on website is offline

Default EULA - keeps showing up every time I start Word 2003-

and Outlook. It is frustrating.

When I click on "activate" the product under help file, it says product is
already
activated. I even tried "detect and repair". It did not report problems.

How can I get around the EULA showing up every time when I start outlook and
or Word?

Also, attachments in Outlook (such as *.doc) does not open. I had to save
it, open Word and then open the file under word to get it going.

Only thing is I downloaded a Word 2007 trial software, ( I am using Vista
ultimate), but I uninstalled it now because I did not like it. Now I am
having problems. Can you explain this and how do I correct both the outlook
attachment problem and the Word EULA problem.

Windows has automatically updated the word to SP3 and it is uptodate.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Log in to Windows as Administrator, start an Office program, accept the
EULA, close the Office program, log out of Windows as Administrator, and
log back in to Windows using your normal user profile.

If the previous suggestion doesn't help, then see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884202 "You must accept the Office
End User License Agreement every time that you start an Office program".

Accept Creditcards on website wrote:
and Outlook. It is frustrating.

When I click on "activate" the product under help file, it says product is
already
activated. I even tried "detect and repair". It did not report problems.

How can I get around the EULA showing up every time when I start outlook and
or Word?

Also, attachments in Outlook (such as *.doc) does not open. I had to save
it, open Word and then open the file under word to get it going.

Only thing is I downloaded a Word 2007 trial software, ( I am using Vista
ultimate), but I uninstalled it now because I did not like it. Now I am
having problems. Can you explain this and how do I correct both the outlook
attachment problem and the Word EULA problem.

Windows has automatically updated the word to SP3 and it is uptodate.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Accept Creditcards on website Accept Creditcards on website is offline

But, I am the admin. - meaning, this is a home computer, I am the only user -
all programs are administered by me.

The link you gave goes into Regedit. I will attempt it, however, I am a bit
leery of doing this though.

If I try uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2003 thought occurs to me,
this is what I did when I downloaded the trial Office 2007 and
uninstalled.... how will this make a diff? If I uninstall, I guess I lose my
outlook mails, right?

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that unistalling rarely, if at all, fixes any issues, since the registry
entries are retained.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Accept Creditcards on website Accept Creditcards on website is offline

So, what's the solution? I am mad at Microsoft now.........Should it not be
then, MS should provide a way of "clean" uninstall?

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you try the suggestions in the KB article?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Accept Creditcards on website Accept Creditcards on website is offline

Yes, I changed the Registry. So far, so good. It appears to be working.
I will double check after cold boot. If the problem completely disappears, I
thank you all in advance.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted, and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP