Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tonyb tonyb is offline

Default Auto Text Enteries are not changing font to match the document fon

I have created a number of Auto Text enteries which are nothing more
complicated than lines of text that I use regularly. They were created using
a blank page with the font Times New Roman.

When using another standard document (fax header template) that uses the
Arial font some of my enteries when called for will enter in the Arial font
but others will appear in Times New Roman font, which I then have to change.

Why is this happening to some but not all of my Auto Text enteries and how
can I stop it so that anything I enter will be in the correct font.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I think the problem is that you applied the font Times New Roman as direct
formatting to some of the AutoTexts (i.e. the font was not part of the style
definition but you selected the text and then applied the font to the
selection).

Such direct formatting that can be made via the Font dialog box (font, size,
etc.) will be preserved when you insert the AutoTexts. Direct formatting made
via the Paragraph dialog box (indentation, spacing, etc.) will be preserved
if the AutoText includes the paragraph mark(s) of the paragraph(s).

To make sure that AutoTexts you create inherit the formatting of the text
where you insert the AutoText, make sure the text of the AutoText contains no
direct formatting. To easily remove directly applied character formatting,
press Ctrl+Spacebar. To easily remove directly applied paragraph formatting,
press Ctrl+Q.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg