Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
cayce cayce is offline

Default W2007 cell border applies to whole row

How can I stop a bottom border from applying to the whole table row when I
need it to apply to only a cell in a table. I am carefully selecting just the
cell and choose border bottom border. Apply to cell is also selected; yet,
it applies the border to the whole row. This is a big time waster and very
frustrating.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I cannot replicate that problem when I have Cell selected in the Apply to
pulldown

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"cayce" wrote in message
How can I stop a bottom border from applying to the whole table row when I
need it to apply to only a cell in a table. I am carefully selecting just
the
cell and choose border bottom border. Apply to cell is also selected;
yet,
it applies the border to the whole row. This is a big time waster and very
frustrating.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
cayce cayce is offline

Doug...thanks for trying. I ended up inserting a row below the row with the
problem cell, formatted it the way I needed for borders, and deleted the row
with the problem call. It was the only workaround I could make work. There
was something "stuck" in that problem cell that wouldn't give up the ghost.
Absolutely strange!

Peace